Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Huggin' in the forest....



Another commission in the can, this time Hulk vs. Sabretooth. A different approach than usual, I noticed I've been using the medium/medium down shot on a lot of these, so I thought it was time to pull the camera back a bit. I like the voyeuristic look of it, observing from the distance the crap that's about to go down. I happy with it, it's intense and that's what I wanted. I think I'm going to fiddle with a bit more, today was one of the few days I have a scanner available and it's close enough to done to get the point.

Next up, all the chicks from Teen Titans....

5 comments:

PAT said...

lookin good! I like seeing this stuff shrunk down too.

Josh Eddings said...

Thanks Pat, I appreciate the comment. Now if you would just update your blog :P

ANMPH said...

I agree with Pat, its fun to see our work shrunken, helps us see if the composition is right, how the details play into each other. Aside from Pats sorely lacking blog updates, which I attribute to all the pressure he has now maintaining TWO facebook accounts, This is a good illustration.
I like the branches in the foreground to help with depth. The effects are good also with the snow and breaking tree trunks.
HULK's body shape is great in my opinion, however it feels very stiff, and some of his muscles (chest, and abdomin) dont seem to fit or are at an odd angle. Overall I do like this image more then most of your work I have seen. Keep it up man, Look forward to seeing more.

Josh Eddings said...

Yeah, I just noticed that! I think I was going for a certain angle with the chest and then decided to have his back curving over. Then I forgot to fix the chest to match, thanks for pointing it out.

ANMPH said...

We should collaborate on a piece sometime.